Today is the first official day of Love Like Confetti’s first ever Bible Study, Sailing Through Psalms! It is not too late to hop on board if you haven’t already. You don’t need a passport 😉 and there are no sign-ups. Click here to find out everything that you need to know!
Read. Write. Reflect. | Psalm 1
Read: Psalm 1.
During my reading portion, I also did a bit of Bible coloring and marking. Everyday, the amount I do will vary, depending on how much I write in my journal.
Immediately we see that there are two ways to live: a life of delight or a life of destruction. I have no interest in the latter, so below we’ll take a glimpse of the former.
Write. During this portion, I wrote out the entire chapter (in rainbow colors, of course!), and then went back to a bit of verse mapping verse 2, because it stood out to me the most. Verse mapping is an excellent way to really delve into the Word!
Let’s take a closer look at Psalm 1:2 – “Instead, the Law of the Lord makes them happy and they think about it day and night.”
- The Law of The Lord = our daily bread. Jesus tells us in Matthew 4:4 “Men shall not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.” God’s Word is more important than anything on this earth. He gave us this beautiful love letter (The Bible!) to teach what is true, rebuke what is wrong, correct and train us into righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
Why? So that we, as His servants will be thoroughly prepared and equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:17).
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding (Proverbs 9:10). Why is Bible study so important? Because it’s through the Bible, along with life’s experiences that we get to know the Lord and about Him.
How can we truly obey Him if we don’t know what He wants from us?
How can we carry out what the Word says if we don’t know the Word?
- makes them happy
Them = the righteous. Happiness: Delight. Joy. Pleasure. The Lord is the delight of the righteous. The Lord is the joy if the righteous. The Lord is the pleasure of the righteous. He is literally everything to those who are truly righteous. I aspire to be this way!
- and they think about it
Think = meditate, dig deeply, pray, focus.
God and His Word should be the key focus of our minds over anything else if we are to be righteous.
- day and night.
Constantly. From the time this person wakes up until the time they go to sleep, they are meditating on the Word of God. Non-stop.
- God blesses these people (verse 1). They succeed in everything that they do (verse 3). He protects these people (verse 6). This is the way to happiness!
Reflect: How can I apply all that I’ve read and wrote today to my life?
- Stay focused on what is most important: God and His Word. (Doing these things well can strengthen and sustain me).
- Follow the example of the righteous.
- Avoid the ways and paths of sinners.
- Continue to read and study God’s Word. MORE. MORE. MORE. AND MORE! There’s no such thing as spending to much time with God or in His Word.
- Pray for His guidance.
I am already feeling super inspired to dig deeper into the Bible this summer!
Open your Bible!
Read your Bible!
Study your Bible… like never before!
This book is the most life-changing book that we will ever read.
Live it out!
Spend time with our Creator!
He will give us all that we’ll ever need.
But it’s up to us to choose between a life of delight of destruction.
What did you learn from your quiet time today? What verse stood out to you the most?
I would LOVE to know!
Love Like Confetti,